A Strategically Balanced Approach to Energy Opportunities
Our strategic investments break out into three target sectors: Renewable Energy, Energy & Digital Technology, and Transitional Energy.
Creating and distributing electricity from renewable sources starts with foundational solar and wind infrastructure. During our decade working with independent renewable energy developer First Wind, we built 17 operating facilities and developed another 18 that attracted the power purchase agreements (PPAs) needed to allow their construction. This first-hand experience positions TEP to capitalize on the following renewable investments opportunities in this sector:
- Renewable development platforms
- Wind facility repowering opportunities
- Distributed / Community Solar
- Renewable Energy Services & Technology
Energy & Digital Technology
Integrating renewable energy’s variable, intermittent power output will require substantial investments in supporting sectors.
- Energy Storage Developers & Technology
- Smart Grid & System Integration Software & Technology
- Energy Efficiency & Demand Response
- SaaS Energy Optimization
- Data Centers
- Frontier Digital Infrastructure
- Blockchain Infrastructure
High-quality natural gas-related infrastructure provides critical firming electricity to the grid. Repurposing that to more sustainable applications through repowering, renewable integration, or hybridization with batteries can provide practical, effective bridging between current and future technology.
We developed this approach through our work with U.S. Powergen, Calpine, and NextDecade. Our priorities here include:
- Peaker Hybridization
- Combined Cycle Integrated Sites with Storage
- CCGT Optimization
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration (CCS)
- Electric & Low Carbon Transportation